Call for Papers for 'Synergy' issue
Deadline: 10 July
The editors of RoundTable invite academic articles and creative submissions – including short stories, creative non-fiction, poetry, and multimedia work – on any aspect of literary engagement with the theme of synergy. Submissions are encouraged from postgraduate researchers and early career academics in English Literature and Creative Writing, as well as from those working in other disciplines whose research intersects with these fields. We particularly welcome submissions from under-represented and marginalised voices in academia – including, but not limited to, researchers of colour and working-class, queer, disabled, and neurodivergent researchers.
In keeping with the theme of synergy, interdisciplinary work that cuts across traditional academic boundaries, or that sits at the intersection of multiple fields, is especially welcome. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
Article and submission guidelines
- Gender and sexuality
- Postcolonial and critical race approaches
- Queer methodologies
- Creative–critical symbiosis
- Digital humanities
- Experimental or avant-garde approaches to fiction/literary research
- Humanities research that interfaces with literature or creative writing
- Critical academic articles should be approximately 4000–6000 words. Submit a 250-word abstract and a 150-word biography to email@example.com.
- Creative pieces should be no longer than 3000 words. All creative submissions should be accompanied by a critical commentary of 500–1000 words. Please submit creative works in full, along with a 200–word abstract for the critical commentary and a 150-word biography, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RoundTable is an online, peer-reviewed, open-access literary journal for and by postgraduate and early-career researchers and creative practitioners in English Literature and Creative Writing. The journal is published annually by Fincham Press at the University of Roehampton.
Posted on 27 May 2020
Publication of double issue
A new double issue of RoundTable is now available! Volume 2 Issue 1
brings together articles, creative pieces and reviews centred on the theme of memory. The issue's content ranges from childhood and Young Adult literature, to memoir, memory plays, visual arts, archives, and trauma (both intensely personal and globally significant). Volume 2 Issue 2
provides a collection of creative and critical submissions addressing subjects from sexuality and adolescence, femininity and womanhood, to posthumanism and biopolitics.
Posted on 11 Dec 2019